Thursday, June 11, 2009

Scrumptious Summertime Salad

Hi everyone!  Today I have decided that I am a culinary genius.  Here is why...

This is a simple, delicious, summertime salad that takes less than ten minutes to put together. I just made it for myself for dinner tonight so the proportions are small but I'm sure it expands easily.  The sweet strawberries, tangy lime juice, and slightly bitter greens make for a very flavorful simple salad.  It's very different than what you might be used to but try it - let me know if you like it as much as I do.  :)

Servings 1-2 
1 leaf of kale
5 leaves of baby spinach
3 whole ripe strawberries
1/4 cucumber
juice of half a lime

1. pull leafy part of kale of steam, slice thinly - toss in bowl.
2. chiffonade spinach leaves (lay spinach leaves on top of each other, roll- up, thinly slice) - toss in bowl
3. remove tops of strawberries, thinly slice - toss in bowl
4. quarter cucumber, thinly slice - toss in bowl
5. squeeze lime juice over top of salad, shake or toss together

Serve and Enjoy!

Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment